What is the difference or would that be accuracy?

...or the difficulties that the author faced in performing his "due-diligence" in writing an accurate and truthful Biography.

What is the difference or would that be accuracy?

Postby Mikado14 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:16 pm

I remember a time when Elizabeth Helen Drake wanted anyone to contribute any information in regard to Dr. Brown, whether it be good or bad, in aiding Paul Schatzkin to write an accurate, as much as possible, biography.

Let me use the words of Elizabeth Helen Drake to explain it all:

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=289&sid=c90972bc1239779712e3c845c5be3680#p289 wrote:Chapter 13 - He Made Things Up
by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:48 pm

The title of the Chapter was "He made things up"

I was part of the research team that descended on Denison University (which Paul mentions in this chapter). I figured I had been working on the life of Townsend Brown enough to get a feel for his personality and I was actually fairly proud of the serious work Paul and I had accomplished . (It helped knowing too that the Brown family was pleased with what we had uncovered so far)

So it was difficult for all of us to sit there and listen to a rendition of "He made things up " ...." He didn't actually do this, he didn't actually do that" .... "People Said he did such and such" .... and most of it was ....so negatively biased against Brown it was disheartening . For me I realized that I had to put my better researcher face on ... respond to very little with my own opinions and .... take notes ... I take pretty good notes.

As Paul has written in this chapter there was response from Dr. Biefelds son ,( written in 1956 to a UFO investigator named Leon Davidson) where the son states "My father never did colaborate with Mr. Brown in a scientific sense.)

Of course, we had Mr. Browns own papers that clearly stated he did .... but in this horrendous storm of negative information churned up by people who were so sure of themselves .... how could we ever find the truth?

Well, truth finds a way to the surface if you work hard enough and display enough patience and thats what Paul did. Read the last part of the chapter. Points for the Townsend Brown team!
Elizabeth

The quote in bold is what is important. Truth will survive and that was the meaning in my avatar from a short while back.

What has been taking place with this drive in performing a modest due-diligence is something that has been long overdue. So much of the book "Defying Gravity" was based upon stories, and yes I do mean stories for that is what they are until proven, that were provided primarily by two individuals - Boston/O'Riley/twigsnapper and Morgan(as named by Paul Schatzkin). These two individuals are the primary sources for activities of Dr. Brown that Paul Schatzkin relied upon. He was going to perform his due-diligence in doing his rewrite but it never went that far. One does wonder what caused Mr. Schatzkin to make the decision he did with his "Epic Fail" but then he finished writing his book in February of '08. "Epic Fail" was in January of '09, a year later so the question arises - "What did he do over that period of time?" . Perhaps the answer is "due-diligence". How does one overcome the fact that information given by anonymous sources does not check out? Even Woodward and Bernstein checked out the veracity of statements made by "deepthroat". It would only stand to reason that Mr. Schatzkin would do the same, afterall, he did a nice job on his first book and I for one would have expected the same level of expertise in this book.

All of this work that I have been doing in research, and to an extent it appears that Geoff has been doing some as well, is merely to further the veracity of Paul's work. One can take his first book and do some research on different characters, places and events and will find corresponding verification. Unfortunately, that is not possible with the book "Defying Gravity", there are way too many stories that do not hold up.

I am sure that somewhere, Linda Brown and others will be heralding this due-diligence as a witch hunt or some other such nonsense, but it is not.

In my work, I have found answers that substantiate Dr. Browns' work, which at some future point will be made public but there is still much to do which will prove that he is/was no crackpot but as the book "Defying Gravity" stands, it may be a detriment. How so one might ask? Because when the smoke settles and some verification of Dr. Browns' work is brought forth for perusal by those in academic circles, it is references such as "Defying Gravity" that can harm this very perusal, especially when someone else begins to perform a "due-diligence" of their own. There will always be that individual at some point that will look for those things negative to taint the entire work of Dr. Brown. Not going to happen if I can do something about it.

Do I have an ulterior motive? Yep, I sure do. The work I have done and will continue to do I wish not to be torn down over allegations of truthfulness in the only biography written about Dr. Brown. It would become a distraction and the media is what runs this country.

Paul Schatzkin has a contract with the Brown family to write a biography about T. Townsend Brown. That contract is still in effect as long as Paul Schatzkin is still breathing, and I do wish him a long life, and I see no further work coming forth from him in this regard so, with that in mind, I have taken it upon myself to perform a quasi "due-diligence" that will be picked up by every known web crawler and bot that will show up on those that search as to what is real and is not, what has been posted, what exists in other sites that counter the unsubstantiated claims of anonymous contributors that disappeared into the night never to be seen nor heard from again.

This is in no means meant as an attack on the writer of "Defying Gravity" but is meant to aid him if he ever so chooses to take up pen and paper to this story. Also, it is to show interested parties in the life of Dr Brown that there are those with an agenda who will fabricate information for their own and possibly nefarious needs. These anonymous individuals will be uncovered and they are being uncovered. They claim to respect Dr. Brown but instead are performing a disservice to not only the man and his life but to his family as well.

Ask yourself this question - Why when the ttbrown forum was shut down did twigsnapper never post again? and then ask yourself this question - "If he had so much respect for Dr. Brown and wanted his story told, why did he stay disappeared?".

I believe the answer to that is a well kept secret....by someone.

Mikado

PS: Judging by the hits that these posts are receiving in regard to due-diligence, it indicates that there are significant individuals interested in the truth or verifiable information that is not from an anonymous source who refuses to come forth.
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

"When the Debate is Lost, Slander is the Tool of the Loser" SOCRATES

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Location: Located where I want to be...or not...depends on the day.

In her own words, that is, if she admits it

Postby Mikado14 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:16 pm

http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5906&sid=d502d7371689754ef05180c9b11929cb#p5906 wrote:best of the best?
by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:24 pm

kevin,

I see what you see too about Townsend Brown but I think I need to step in here so that we don't all have a tendency to build his pedestal too high. I have studied this mans life for a long time now. Longer than I would probably be prepared to admit. And the thing that comes out the sharpest in focus ( and its hard to focus on this man) is the love that he had for those around him. And along with that all of the mysteries that had never been revealed until now.

Pat and Neenie were the young people on Catalina who didn't know anything at all about Townsend Brown and his wife Josephine when they first so they had no assumptions or expectations. All you need to do is read their reactions to them to get a true picture of Josephine and Townsend. Pat and Neenie reported generally that he was gracious and helpful funny and wise ......

But that doesn't mean that Townsend Brown was perfect. He had his own particular failings. To dig up some of the most negative thoughts of him ( which is not where I like to go but really we need counterbalance here). The man had grown up expecting to have things go basically his way. (One wonders if that is bad?) His parents, especially his mother, indulged him outrageously. There are not too many chemistry students in high schools these days who have a chem lab in their own homes that are better than their schools could provide. He grew up believing that much of his world revolved around him.

The strange thing about Townsend Brown is he took this expectation in a different direction than most “ spoiled kidsâ€

I have highlighted the important part.

This exercise in "due-diligence" is exactly that.....counterbalance to information that anonymous individuals provided to the author of "Defying Gravity".

Yes dear Elizabeth, counterbalance is needed and you shall have it. The difference is that links can be checked and cross checked but anonymous individuals cannot.

I believe that no further comment is required, the post speaks for itself....balance....something that has been lacking of late.

Mikado
The thing about Inner Circles is that they are like Boxes - difficult to think outside of them.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Re: What is the difference or would that be accuracy?

Postby Linda Brown » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 am

Mikado.... You said earlier here

Do I have an ulterior motive? Yep, I sure do. The work I have done and will continue to do I wish not to be torn down over allegations of truthfulness in the only biography written about Dr. Brown. It would become a distraction and the media is what runs this country.

YES... You certainly have had another motive. Your so called WORK.

What happened to it? It seemed to just go away with the wind? You say that you wished to not have Dads biography " torn down" yet your actions have shown just the opposite. I have yet to see one act that was contrary to a concentrated effort.... to discredit Pauls work.....and mine...

Why was that?... You say that the media is what runs this country. Seems that you have been playing to them all along because you certainly have not presented ANYTHING here of a valid scientific contribution. Maybe it was never there from the beginning? Which means WHAT?

Its time for YOU to start proving yourself Mikado. You have the stage of this Forum with my Dads name on it.....and you have Kims complete support ,it seems....she runs this place.... so lets hear from both of you.....Stop being the distraction and start proving yourself. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Postby Mikado14 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Linda Brown wrote:Mikado.... You said earlier here

YES... You certainly have had another motive. Your so called WORK.

What happened to it? It seemed to just go away with the wind? You say that you wished to not have Dads biography " torn down" yet your actions have shown just the opposite. I have yet to see one act that was contrary to a concentrated effort.... to discredit Pauls work.....and mine...

Why was that?... You say that the media is what runs this country. Seems that you have been playing to them all along because you certainly have not presented ANYTHING here of a valid scientific contribution. Maybe it was never there from the beginning? Which means WHAT?

Its time for YOU to start proving yourself Mikado. You have the stage of this Forum with my Dads name on it.....and you have Kims complete support ,it seems....she runs this place.... so lets hear from both of you.....Stop being the distraction and start proving yourself. Linda

Kim does not run this place, she hasn't the time nor energy.

And why should I disclose my work when it is not done?

A good chef only gives out his recipe after it is done and not before. Even then, he may not. Coke has still not released it's formula nor Kentucky Fried Chicken and the list goes on.

Now why would I release my work prematurely?

You were invited to see a demonstration, you refused, it will not be offered again for most likely you wouldn't be able to keep your mouth shut about it anyway but I did what was morally right - I invited you. I don't have to repeat that invitation due to your response.

Perhaps you are having regrets in your decision to not come to the demonstration? Now I could surmise that perhaps someone has chided you over your decision and would have liked for you to report back what you saw etc. Here is what you would have seen - a Gravitor...and only partially based upon your Father's work - act independently in the gravity well of the earth and either oppose it or aide it....and electrostatically coupled.

Now, as to proving myself, I offered, you refused, stop your crying.

Mikado

― Søren Kierkegaard
Mikado14
Commander

Postby Linda Brown » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:11 pm

What a pile of garbage

Kim does not run this place, she hasn't the time nor energy. ( RIGHT)And why should I disclose my work when it is not done? ( fine by me. I am not holding my breath and you can tell anyone else anything you want. I don't believe you have anything to show anyway.)A good chef only gives out his recipe after it is done and not before. Even then, he may not. Coke has still not released it's formula nor Kentucky Fried Chicken and the list goes on. Right Now why would I release my work prematurely?

You were invited to see a demonstration, you refused, it will not be offered again for most likely you wouldn't be able to keep your mouth shut about it anyway but I did what was morally right - I invited you. I don't have to repeat that invitation due to your response. Whatever you say dear. My response would be the same anyway. You and Kim can conn others if you want.

Perhaps you are having regrets in your decision to not come to the demonstration? Now I could surmise that perhaps someone has chided you over your decision and would have liked for you to report back what you saw etc. Here is what you would have seen - a Gravitor...and only partially based upon your Father's work - act independently in the gravity well of the earth and either oppose it or aide it....and electrostatically coupled. RightNow, as to proving myself, I offered, you refused, stop your crying.

You have proven yourself to me Mikado. Don't worry about that. I know who you are. Linda
Linda Brown
Commander

Return to An analysis of "Defying Gravity"